12 September, 2007

Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire: The Chomsky for Teachers

Alright. Two blogs in a row. I hope you're excited. I don't have pictures to go along with this one, but that doesn't mean it isn't awesome. I've been noticed people only comment on blogs with pictures. What's that deal, "friends"? You like my pictures more than my words?? I would be offended, but I know you all too well.

OKAY. To the point: My mind is completely blown. I was supposed to have read this book for class tomorrow, but the problem is that this is puerto rico, for Christ's sake, and naturally my book didn't get here on time. So, I borrowed it from someone in my class. My plan: go to Sand's, which let's face it, is like my second home. It's my Pancho Villa's (Mpls), it's my Tiger Lily (Boston), and it's my Onder de Linden (Well); it's where I can go, comfortably, alone or with others. It's where the bartenders know who I am, and mix my drinks stronger but charge me less for them. It's a beautiful thing, really.

Wow, so that wasn't the point. It's cool, sidetracks and digression are okay with me. The real point: I went to Sand's tonight, because I borrowed this book I need to read for tomorrow (Pedagogy of the Oppressed), and had yet to have read. My plan was to read the entire thing while drinking 151's and coke. That is exactly what I did. Now my mind is moving like crazy, because this shit is amazing. I recommend it highly to anyone. HIGHLY.

Um, other than that....not much going on. Just wanted to let you know that i am doing something besides drinking (even i'm drinking while doing said things. i'm a multi-tasker, what can i say?)Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Paulo Freire: The Chomsky for Teachers.

p.s.

Superbad is the most fucking hilarious movie i've ever seen in my life.

2 comments:

Sister Julia said...

damn it jess. now i am totally the worst social justice person and educator ever because i still haven't read that book from cover to cover although i have been intending to for like 7 years or something. naturally you beat me to it because you were in a bar in puerto rico and it was an assignment.
perhaps i should read it now instead of the HILLARIOUS Anne Lammot book that I am reading and I recommend to you, "Grace Eventually."
you're the best, i love your drunken tales. keep havin fun.
peace!

Bex said...

Um, yeah, Superbad is FANTASTIC! That's what I'll comment on. That and the 151. Holy hard drinker, Batman! :o)

Miss you!