But seriously. The lovely blog Love, Life, Lace that I frequent in fits of procrastination from thesis writing has a Weekly Gratitude post and dang it if that isn't a good idea. And, it just so happens that this week has been a rather wonderful one, so what better time to begin?!?!
- Taking afternoon siestas on the hammock
- major scholarships
- Rum + Soda Water + Lime
- finding some forgotten pics of my adorbs nephew on my camera (see below)
- my sister for having the kids and letting me be the crazy aunt
- the carrot cupcakes BDang just started getting...YUM. overpriced yet worth it.
- homemade bread/pizza and other delicious carbohydrates
- watching cats take naps. they always seem to fall asleep in the strangest positions.
- the meditative joy I get in peeling a hard boiled egg (it really is the small things, no?)
- having an amazing academic advisor who:
- despite being so busy with her own projects, still finds time to encourage me when I need it
- ...congratulates me when I deserve it
- ...lets me emotional breakdowns in her office when I've had it
- ...and who is a cool and inspiring lady!
|His eyes do the talking for him: "Help!"|
|he definitely has his mother's eyes!|