09 January, 2011

Dear 2010, You Owe Me An Apology.

...I'll be waiting for it.

Wow, did 2010 suck or what?! Holy crap. WORST YEAR EVER. I really can't emphasize that enough. No need to do a re-cap of All Things Horrible 2010, because you probably already know most of them if you are reading this right now. The good news: 2010 is gone and never coming back! Yay! AND, even though I had to work at the bar on NYE, I still managed to ring in 2011 singing karaoke to "Don't Stop Believin'". Soooo, ya know. So far, so good. 

2011 I can already feel is going to be The Year of Decisions. I guess that's a good thing? It's kind of funny, because when I was home for Christmas last year right before my brother died, I remember talking with him about colleges/"the future", and I told him when he feels stressed to just to remember that even though making decisions like this (applying to colleges/deciding "what to do w/ your life") seems scary, you should try and look at it as exciting because you are at a point in your life where you can do whatever you want to do, and you get to decide that. All opportunities are good opportunities, so to speak. The world is your oyster. Life's a garden; dig it. Etc, etc...

And that advice worked *so well* for him. And, here I am now, antagonizing about my own future (yet again...seriously now, do crisis' always happen in like 4 year increments or is it just me?) and totally ignoring my own "words of wisdom". I kind of *regret* thinking that just because I didn't have the attention span/interest for math class,  I decided that I was completely horrible in "the sciences". You know what I mean? It's like you get one bad grade in math class in High School -- or you're just not into math -- and you suddenly decide all careers oriented in the sciences are off limits to you. So foolish.

I have quite a few resolutions for 2011, which for me is like an entire "to do" and "goals" list for the year. And already, 8 days in,  there is plenty to be looking forward to and stressing about! Woot woot! 2011: Sleep Less, Drink More (coffee).

No comments: