05 November, 2008

26th Annual Birthday Bender

I would like to start this “birthday recap” I am about to give you by first saying that never in my life have I had a “leftover” drink, and as I type this there are TWO sitting in my freezer. One of them I have no idea where it came from.

I have had some damn good birthdays in the past, but this one takes the cake ten fold. There is no way it could have been better unless every free drink I was served in the past 4 days had come in a solid diamond cup with gold dust sprinkled on it and a map to the fountain of youth taped on the bottom. SERIOUSLY -- it was THAT good!!!!

The last few days have been, how you say, “fucking crazy”. In the words of my dear cousin Angela who was here celebrating the festivities with me drink for drink: “Jess, there is no way you will ever have a better birthday than this...there is no way I will ever have a better birthday than this and it’s not even my birthday!”

I believe she said it a couple moments after out 2nd or 3rd free shot of Saturday afternoon, moments after we stumbled and were then welcomed into a private PRican party at a random bar….or perhaps it was closer to when they busted out the karokee mic. I’m not sure. But either way, she is right!

No comments: